Friday, March 16, 2012

First Time for Everything

So I have never done this before. I'm sure everyone's first blog starts that way. I have a degree in journalism so I should be better at this. It's been a while since I wrote anything. There was a time when I wanted to be a writer. I have a box on my book shelf right now called "Write a Novel in Six Weeks." The cellophane is still on the box. It has been on said shelf for 2.5 years now. I still plan to use it someday. Don't judge.

I have wicked ADD so carrying a plot and storyline with the same characters through 300 pages sounds exhausting. I thought for a while about trying to write multiple novels at one time to try to keep myself interested in the projects. Kind of like write book A until I get bored. Then switch to book B, etc. But I just got confused. So I added two more to my stack of novel attempts. I also can't decide whether to write a memoir or fiction. I feel like the memoir would be a better novel, but I don't know that I want to dump all my dirty secrets into a public work (weird coming from a new blogger I know). I would probably be pretty good at fiction, but I would hold myself to the "Harry Potter Standard" and would never feel like my works measured up. Alas, I am too afraid of failure.

Anyhow, I thought the blogging would be more entertaining and allow me to share my experiences. I am under no delusion that my life is glamorous. But I do find myself in weird situations. I believe my (mis)adventures could be moderately entertaining. I also think my ever-changing outlook on life from cynical to extreme optimist makes it hard to anticipate my actions/reactions.

Topics of interest I plan to cover: dachshunds, weight loss, marriage, politics, weight gain, family, loss, achievement, and basically shoving my opinion on anything from climate change to salsa down your proverbial throat.

Warnings: I am a liberal and will spew my liberal thoughts and ideas on this blog. I am a huge sports fan and will discuss my theories and opinions at length. I love my husband but routinely realize we have nothing in common (except that we love each other). I have both horrible and awesome taste in music/movies/television. Be prepared for schizophrenic tastes and hobbies.

I hope you all stick around to learn more about the Bama Belle turned Austinite Liberal.

No comments:

Post a Comment